Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 4 of 30

DAY 4
Game-worlds or more or less settings have been produced ever since the original OD&D books with Greyhawk and Blackmoor. Sadly I have never read these books or their AD&D iterations. I have read Dragonlance, as I own the book yet I can't say I'm versed in the books that well. I've only read it's source-book and yet to understand everything about DragonLance it's self.

But I think that if I were to have to decide. I'd say my favorite setting is making your own, or more or less using bits of others. DragonLances dragon men, or Raveloft's dark lords. I don't use those as of yet. But going with it and plane hopping is the main idea I like to use for settings. While Staying in one plane is cool and all. The idea of warping around like Doctor Who, or the D&D cartoon is what really draws me into the use for these settings. 

Why drop your players into unknown lands? To challenge excite and keep the game fresh. All of D&D is about exploration and in it's purest form exploration is about unknown lands and tombs and treasures. So me using DragonLance then jumping to Blackmoor due to magic holes or devices is a fun part of why I like D&D and the story telling opportunities it gives. 






No comments:

Post a Comment